- Construction Academies
- Women in the Trades
“Alaska Works is where it all started. The classes that were available to me gave me the opportunity to figure out which trade best suited me.”
BUILDING ALASKA ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME
For Construction Academy co-ed classes in Anchorage, Mat-Su, and Fairbanks, go to our TRAINING tab.
For Military only Helmets to Hardhats training applications go to our Helmets to Hardhats tab.
For Women in the Trades trainings, go to our Women in the Trades tab.
There are many ways AWP can help you connect to training, education, apprenticeship, and careers in Alaska’s construction industry:
• The Anchorage, Mat-Su, and Fairbanks Construction Academies offer introductory training in several trades skills including; carpentry, welding, plumbing, electrical, weatherization, insulated concrete forms and drywall with metal studs/framing.
• The Apprenticeship Outreach program assists rural Alaskans apply for and gain entry into Alaska’s construction trade apprenticeships.
• The Women in the Trades program gives hands-on training to help women transition into a well-paid construction career.
• The Pipeline Training Academy teaches the skills and teamwork needed to build a cross-country pipeline.
• Helmets to Hardhats reaches out to retired and transitioning active-duty military members and helps them connect to quality career and training in construction.
Would you like a construction career with paid on-the-job training?
Are you a Veteran or serving in the National Guard and Reserves and looking for an exciting second career?
Are you a student or young Alaskan who wants explore the many good careers construction has to offer?
Are you from a rural area looking to work in the construction industry?
AWP can help you connect to training, education, apprenticeship, and careers in Alaska’s construction industry.
Alaska Works Partnerships puts Alaskans in Alaska jobs first.
Together we’re building Alaska one community at a time.
AWP delivers services in partnership with Alaska’s Building Trades unions, the Alaska Department of Labor & Workforce Development, the U.S. Department of Labor, the Denali Training Fund, and the Construction Education Foundation. We also team with employers, communities, and regional organizations on targeted projects. We find motivated applicants, provide the best training, and match qualified individuals with specific job opportunities.